Friday, January 11, 2008

Because A Bug Went Kachoo

I have different reminders that I go to to keep me in check. Dr. Seuss’s book, “Because A Bug Went Kachoo” is a big one for me.
I read it when my son was very little but didn’t ‘get’ the significance until much later. (too bad, it would have saved me a lot of frustration and sleepless nights)
I have come to understand that everything in life happens for a reason, that the balance of life and the occurrences are as they should be at any given time. Many times we can tangibly see the domino effect if you will and know that because of ‘this’ there was ‘that’. Other times it takes awhile for the events to reveal themselves to us and quite often we are completely unaware. I would say that is when we get frustrated. We get into ‘victim’ mode and can not see the beautiful, bigger picture that is planned for us.
In the years that followed my divorce from my sons father, I quite often had to simply accept and have faith that a bug had gone kachoo. If I became overwhelmed I would actually write down the series of events that had occurred since our divorce. I would then review all the things I would have to “give up” to have my life unfold the way I thought it should have. (ha ha, as if I was the one behind the wheel). I promise you, there has never been a time when I reflect that I find I am willing to give up all that I have ended up receiving. For example I have friendships that I have made after my divorce that I would not trade for anything, anything, anything in the world. That’s an easy one, there is truly so much more, big and little, that I cherish with all my heart.
I have also learned through this process that equally as often when something unpleasant happened to me I was only the catalyst for someone else. Beause I was where I was, doing what ever it was that I was doing, making what ever choices I was making, someone else in the line of domino’s was directly affected and benefited. Again I, in my heart, know I would not take back that unpleasant event if it meant taking away from someone else.
Faith has to play a big part, actually the whole part, in peacefully accepting that everyday a bug will in fact, go kachoo and the events that follow are as they should be. You may see the out come, you may not, it may be for your benefit or the benefit of a stranger, but like the air we breath is does exist although we may never see it, have faith and know that ; Because A Bug Went Kachoo, sooner or later a celebration will follow…

No comments: